Montana--[Flathead County]; Polson (Mont.); Flathead Indian Reservation (Mont.); Hospitals
Three nuns from the Religious Hospitallers of St. Joseph, encouraged to come to Polson by Father William O'Maley, arrived in Polson September 11, 1916, but couldn't find a place to stay. So they converted the East Side (Polson) Hotel into a hospital with a capacity for six patients. It was enlarged to 11 beds by the time the Spanish flu epidemic of 1917-1918 ravaged the area.
North Lake County Public Library, Polson, Montana
Scanned on an Epson Perfection V500 PHOTO scanner at 400 dpi, 24-bit color
These images are intended for scholarly/educational purposes, private research, and study. Use of these materials is governed by the fair use clause of the 1976 Copyright Act. Written permission may be required for use and/or reproduction from the copyright owner. Please also see the Montana Memory Project's Copyright Statement and Conditions of Use at: http://cdm15018.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm4/about.php