1986 Lincoln School Building on Fourth Avenue East, Polson, Montana
Montana--(Lake County); Polson (Mont.); Flathead Indian Reservation (Mont.); Schools
Built in 1922 for $61,604.54, the Lincoln School had 10 classrooms, a kindergarten room, a basement gym in which high school basketball games were played, and a 400-seat auditorium. After the high school burned in 1929, Lincoln accommodated high school students. The Presbyterian church, across the street, housed grades 6-8 and two high school home ec classes. After serving briefly as the Fourth Avenue Theatre for the community theatre productions, Lincoln was razed in 1990.
North Lake County Public Library, Polson, Montana
Scanned on an Epson Perfection V500 PHOTO scanner at 400 dpi, 24-bit color
These images are intended for scholarly/educational purposes, private research, and study. Use of these materials is governed by the fair use clause of the 1976 Copyright Act. Written permission may be required for use and/or reproduction from the copyright owner. Please also see the Montana Memory Project's Copyright Statement and Conditions of Use at: http://cdm15018.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm4/about.php