Montana--(Lake County); Polson (Mont.); Flathead Indian Reservation (Mont.); Plywood
1971 aerial view showing Polson's major manufacturing area (outlined in black). That was the site of Montana's first plywood company. Formed in 1954 as Polson Plywood Co., a series of changes began in 1959 as the plant was purchased by Cascades Plywood; then U.S. Plywood Corporation, which merged with Champion Papers, which closed the plant on Nov. 1, 1967. The final owner was Pack River Lumber Co., who bought the business in 1968. The plant was finally closed in December, 1971. In the lower right-hand corner with the smaller wood burner was the James Lumber Co. stud mill.
North Lake County Public Library, Polson, Montana
Scanned on an Epson Perfection V500 PHOTO scanner at 400 dpi, 24-bit color
These images are intended for scholarly/educational purposes, private research, and study. Use of these materials is governed by the fair use clause of the 1976 Copyright Act. Written permission may be required for use and/or reproduction from the copyright owner. Please also see the Montana Memory Project's Copyright Statement and Conditions of Use at: http://cdm15018.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm4/about.php