The Fergus County Creamery was started in 1914. William Castberg, who came from Pony, Montana, put up a building 50 by 25 feet, using brick purchased from the local brickyard. It was located at 702 First Avenue South, just half a block north of the old Jawbone Railroad depot, which was at the end of First Avenue on Brassey Street. The brand name for butter, Judith Gold, used by the creamery originated as a result of a contest conducted by the original owner, Castberg. On Oct. 22, 1916, two brothers, F.L. Dissly and William G. Dissly, arrived in Lewistown to assume operations of the plant.
Creameries; William Castburg; F. L. Dissly; William G. Dissly;