Three Forks Cement Plant viewed from across highway [graphic].
Buildings; Cement plants
Exterior of the Three Forks Cement Plant, Hanover, Montana, as seen from the town of Hanover across Highway 426. A few homes of the town of Hanover are seen in the foreground. The Hanover gypsum mine located 9 miles NW of Lewistown, Mt began in 1914. Later the Three Forks Cement Co. bought the mine andbuilt a plaster plant (1916) and a cement plant (1917) at the same location. A lime quarry was on the top of the hillside above the cement plant and lime was carried to the plant by tram from the top of the hillside to the plant. Later the Ideal Cement Co. bought the plant.
Lewistown Public Library
Lewistown Public Library, Lewistown, MT
Central Montana Historical Association Collection
The Lewistown Public Library has no copyright restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image.