Exterior of the Hanover Cement Plant, Hanover, Montana, as seen from across the highway.The Hanover gypsum mine located 9 miles NW of Lewistown, Mt began in 1914. Later the Three Forks Cement Co. bought the mine and built a plaster plant (1916) and a cement plant (1917) at the same location. A lime quarry was on the top of the mountain above the cement plant and lime was carried to the plant by tram from the hillside. The company was later owned by the Ideal Cement Co.
Lewistown Public Library
Lewistown Public Library, Lewistown, MT
Central Montana Historical Association Collection
The Lewistown Public Library has no copyright restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image.