Exterior of part of the Three Forks Cement Plant. The mine entrance is shown on the right. The Hanover gypsum mine located 9 miles NW of Lewistown, Mt began in 1914. Later the Three Forks Cement Co. bought the mine and built a plaster plant (1916) and a cement plant (1917) at the same location. A lime quarry was on the top of the mountain above the cement plant and lime was carried by tram (which can be seen in the middle of the photo) to the plant below. In later years the Ideal Cement Plant purchased the business.
Lewistown Public Library
Lewistown Public Library, Lewistown, MT
William H. Culver/George Brenner Collection
The Lewistown Public Library has no copyright restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image.