The Hanover gypsum mine located 9 miles NW of Lewistown, Mt began in 1914. Later the Three Forks Cement Co. bought the mine and built a plaster plant (1916) and a cement plant (1917) at the same location. A lime quarry was on the top of the mountain above the cement plant and lime was carried to the plant by tram from the top of the hillside. The mine entrance is shown on the left and the gypsum mill buildings are on the right.
Lewistown Public Library
Lewistown Public Library, Lewistown, MT
William H. Culver/George Brenner Collection
The Lewistown Public Library has no copyright restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image.