Great Northern Railway Company (US); Chicago, Milwaukee, and St Paul Railway Company (US); Buildings; Cement plants; Railroads
Exterior of the Three Forks Cement Plant (established in 1916), Hanover, Montana, shows a concrete building with several large cylinder bins, attached platform warehouse with several wooden loading dock doors, and covered railroad car loading dock. Railroad tracks are visible leading up to the left side of the warehouse. The railroad tracks, used by both the Great Northern and the Milwaukee Railroads, are visible in front of the buildings. The Hanover gypsum mine located 9 miles NW of Lewistown, Mt began in 1914. Later the Three Forks Cement Co. bought the mine and built a plaster plant (1916) and a cement plant (1917) at the same location. A lime quarry was on the top of the mountain above the cement plant and lime was carried to the plant by tram from the top of the hillside. The Ideal Cement Plant bought the Three Forks Cement Plant in later years.
Lewistown Public Library
Lewistown Public Library, Lewistown, MT
William H. Culver/George Brenner Collection
The Lewistown Public Library has no copyright restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image.