Gas stations, Lewistown, Montana. The Grease Spot.
Elmer Olson and Lyle Johnson operated a service station at the corner of 5th and Janeaux under the adopted name of “The Grease Spot”, selling gasoline, oil, tires, and accessories, washing and greasing cars, repairing flat tires and doing light repair work. In 1926, another young man, who lived at Winnett at the time, joined the first two men with plans of expanding their operation in the Tire sales field. In 1927, Mr. Olson and Mr. Young purchased the interest of Mr. Johnson and continued to operate the “Grease Spot” as partners for twenty five years. In 1932, the two partners moved their operation to the corner of 3rd and Janeaux Street, where they continued in the service station and garage business. At that time they became the agents for Studebaker and Packard automobiles and later took on the agency for the Mercedes Benz line. They were retail and wholesale distributors for Goodyear tires and the Shell Oil products.