The Calvert Hotel was built in 1917 as a girl’s dormitory for the Fergus County High School. It was located at 216 7th Ave. South. On Aug. 21, 1925, it was reported by the school administration that Fergus High was broke due to the bank failures in the area and the dormitory would have to be closed. The dormitory was finally sold to Mrs. Emma Marsh on Mar. 28, 1928. Mrs. Marsh, with the help of her husband George, converted the dormitory to a Hotel and named it the Calvert (1928-1969).