Browse the Complete Collection
The Prospector, the student-produced Carroll College newspaper, began publication in 1911. From its founding in 1909 until 1932 the College’s name was Mount St. Charles College. Until 1922, the Prospector consisted of articles on historical and contemporary topics, poetry, and a small amount of local news and reportage on College athletics. From September 1975 through April 1977 the newspaper changed its name to The Tumbleweed; it continued as The Prospector in September 1977. The newspaper is not published during the summer and has been issued irregularly, with anywhere from two to twelve issues within the academic year.